Wednesday, August 1, 2012

UN-JUICED

The Headache, the End, and the Lesson. This is Day 2 of JUICED and I have decided to end this attempt at drinking nothing but fruit and vegetable juice for 10 days. Yes, I was all fired up yesterday and ready to go for it. However, it just wasn't meant to be. I mean, Indiana Jones had Sean Connery before they had Shia LeBeouf; not all ideas get better.

The Headache: Last night I slept from 8:30 PM to 9:30 AM (yeah, that's 13 hours) and still woke up with a terrible headache. I hoped that it would go away throughout the day but it only got worse. I continued to drink juice three separate times but the migraine only got worse. I've never had a migraine before and rarely get headaches. This felt like the worst hangover I ever had minus the nausea.

The End: I was at work and simply was not focused at all on my job. So, I folded my cards made my way over to Gyro Palace, which happens to be delicious by the way. Shortly after, the headache disappeared. Poof! Just like that and it was gone. I sat in the break room and ate the most delicious gyro of recent memory. I know it's only been two days but it felt amazing to eat real food.

The Lesson: The headache is what did me in, not the hunger or desire to eat real, solid food. My head was pounding when I would stand up and move from one side of my head to the other. I realized for the first time what it's like to have a migraine and now I can sympathize with anyone who chronically suffers from them. It was debilitating in a way that I was unable to perform at my job sufficiently. Aside from that I believe I could have held out on real food.

I understand that this was an incredibly short attempt at a new lifestyle but I will try to take something from it. I have the juicer now and felt great in the morning with fresh veggies and fruits so why not mix it into my current diet? Maybe I can juice instead of drink coffee in the morning. I felt invigorated and alive for several hours, plus it really tasted great.

So the 10 Day thing wasn't for me. It's okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment