Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Business in 2013 Was Pretty Damn Good

Assessment: This was a big year for me. I made some significant life decisions that will have an impact on me for the rest of my life that I am very proud of thus far. Looking back at 2013, I can honestly say that it had more ups than downs and that I have been following along the set path I put in place. This is all about business in 2013.

Working Out: I finished 90 days of Tapout XT from July to October. It is the first time I have finished a workout program that I set my mind to. However, I did not finish the year out strong with working out and feel as though I fell backwards. The good thing is that I know for 2014 that I have the discipline be consistent.

Italiano: I learned a lot this year and only finished about 25% of the Italian Rosetta Stone. I dedicated hours and hours of my time during the first half of 2013 and used my knowledge in Italy. Heather, my family, and I had an amazing time there and we really miss it. I am disappointed that I haven't studied more Italian Rosetta Stone since our trip but the truth is that I had bigger things on my mind like...

Investment Property: I purchased a house in Pennsylvania and am happy to say that things are going well thus far. My house has been profitable and I have treated my tenants very fairly. I've maintained an open line of communication with them and have a property manager attending to any needs that arise. My father and my uncle helped me through the entire process and I'm happy to say I surrounded myself with talented individuals who helped in the decision making process.

Looking To The Future: I can say that when it comes to my future, I have set the groundwork for success. Real estate has been a lucrative opportunity that several people I know have enjoyed. I'm excited to be following in their footsteps after doing hours and hours of research, planning, and finally executing. This purchase is one of my proudest moments in 2013 and overall in my life.

Pod-casting/Writing: Something that got lost in the shuffle of the second half of 2013. Vinny and I were on a role with staying on top of our pod casts which was an excellent opportunity to get on the same page when it came to writing. I can say that personally I fell off due to various other project like the aforementioned house purchase, Rosetta Stone, etc. While we dedicated 2013 to the year of content, I feel as though I fulfilled that declaration with the house purchase, learning a new language, and 90 days of working out without missing a day.

There are projects I would still like to complete.

Going Nowhere: We finally released the first two episodes of our project that has been years in the making, Going Nowhere. While we did not film nearly as much as we would have liked to, we did finish episodes 1-5. This is a major accomplishment that took so much time and energy to complete. The disappointment there is the lack of filming and what feels to be a waning desire to finish the project. Most of the episodes were written more than two years ago and have yet to be filmed. Each day that passes that we don't film, the older we get.

Acting: Acting is an amazing thing and it has shaped me into the person I am today. I miss it. Unfortunately, time is critical. Working full time including the weekends completely cuts into my ability to film on that days when almost everyone else is off. Even if I wanted to do some acting locally or some projects, due to my schedule I can't. I feel as though my love and passion for being on stage or in front of the camera is just wasting away, sitting dormant. It's sad but necessary for now. I need to work hard and lay the foundation for the rest of my life so that one day I can dedicate the majority of my time to doing what I love like acting an brewing beer.

Brewing Beer: This year I went into the all-grain system of brewing beer which is a smaller version of how the big breweries make their beer. I brewed around five batches of beer this year and also showed my friend Danny how to brew with his start-up kit. I'm still getting used to the new method which is more time consuming yet yields a finer product. I'm happy with my work so far and can say that I brought my game to the next level. My dad and I even built a giant thermos from a plan online which was tough but fun.

Last Year I Wrote This: "I just need to keep it up on all fronts. Progress is the name of the games and what keeps me going. I strive everyday to better myself whether it's as simple as learning one more word in Italian or something a little more involved like studying the impact of different grains on a beer. I just have to continue moving forward and things will continue to fall into place". Mission accomplished.

Happy To Say: I stuck to the plan and created a new one. I was consistent enough when it came to getting things done that needed to be done. I put in a year of hard work at my job which I'm hoping will earn me a promotion to management soon. In 2012, I was dead set on going to law school. I decided not to go near the beginning of 2013. Obviously I will never know what my life would have been like had I decided to go forward with it. I can say that the decision not to may be the best decision I ever made. Instead, I bought a house which has been profitable ever since. Instead, I got creative.

Successes: Purchased an investment property, began learning another language, went to Italy, brewed several beers with the all-grain style of brewing, completed 90 days of Tapout XT, released the first two episodes of Going Nowhere, discovered Doctor Who, made the Best of Bob's and sold $935,000.00 in furniture, and began seriously interviewing for advancement in the company.

Disappointments: Did not complete the scripts I began, stopped doing pod-casts, did not continue studying Italian after Italy, did not play open mic night with Mike and stopped practicing with him, purchased a bow but never went archery shooting more than once, still living at home (in order to save which is part of the overall plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment